Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

Easter at my parent's house

Easter is such a fun time of the year and one of our favorite holidays. We love to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord! It has been neat to continue to teach the boys about what Easter is all about and to see them, especially Dalton, understand more about what Easter really means. We also enjoy coloring Easter eggs. It has become a bit of a tradition around our house to color the eggs. I've realized though, that this must be a dying tradition. It was difficult finding the egg coloring kit this year. I guess it's so easy to just fill the plastic eggs, but the boys have come to love coloring the eggs and the family time and fun that it entails. The boys had lots of practice with egg hunts this year. I think they went to 3 of them this year.



After church, we had a family get-together at my parent's house where we enjoyed tons of food and afterward had a big egg hunt for the kids. Here's a couple of shots of Dalton and Colby in action.

1 comments:

Katja mit Fabian und Florian said...

Hi from Germany,

I found your blog by chance.

My son, Fabian, age 10, is wheelchair bound since he fell from a tree two years ago.

It was a very hard time for all of us after Fabians accident. The moment when the doctor told us, that Fabian is paralyzed and the moment when we must told him that he never walk again, was so terrible. Especially terrible was the day, when Fabian got his first wheelchair. I still cry when I saw him sitting in his wheelchair at the first time.

But Fabian is so brave! I am so proud of him.

Since his accident Fabian visits a school for special needs kids. All other kids in his class are disabled, too. The most kids must use a wheelchair, tree kids can walk with a walker / quad canes.

Every Saturday Fabian visits a sport group for children in wheelchairs. Two hours they play together in their wheelchairs. It is so funny for the kids.

Two month ago he got a new “Spidermann”-wheelchair.

If you are interest I will send you some photos of him in his new wheelchair.

I will be glad about a short answer mail.

Best wishes Katja
(Katja.Kretzler@web.de)