Wednesday, May 19, 2010

April II a.k.a. The Part of April Which I Forgot to Include

So I was looking at the pictures in the last April blog update that I did and realized I left out quite a few events that I meant to put in there. I had the picture of Vince Dooley in that post but at some point I must've deleted it somehow. I mean, how could I have left out the legend, Vince Dooley, Bon Jovi, and my college friends. Anyways, here comes the 2nd part of the April events...


How could I have left out this picture of the man, the legend, Vince Dooley!? Colby and I went and met him at Academy Sports to have him sign some things for Shane. Coach Dooley asked Colby if he wanted him to sign his shirt and Colby look was basically like why in the world would I want this older guy to sign my shirt. I tried to explain to Colby what an important piece of UGA history and lore that this man was, but Colby wasn't fazed. He definitely wasn't interested in having him sign his shirt. Anyway, it was neat to meet Coach Dooley.

For Christmas this past year, I gave Shane 2 tickets to see Bon Jovi in Atlanta on April 15th. It seemed like forever that we had to wait for the big day to arrive, but they were worth the wait. The boys are starting to show their age, but they've still got it! It was a really fun show and they sang most all our favorites.

Jon and Richie singing Wanted Dead or Alive


Jon and Richie

I'm sure Jon was pointing at me and Shane here.

Richie getting his groove on.


Then, the next day after the concert I went down to Panama City Beach to have a little college get-together for the weekend . I hadn't seen these ladies since college in over 12+ years. It was very surreal to see everyone at first because it was so weird but yet amazing to be around these wonderful gals again. College was probably the most amazing, fun time of my life, and I have such great memories of each of these ladies and also of many who weren't able to be there. It was so refreshing to be around everyone and catch up with what has been happening in everyone's lives over the years and to hear about the journey that God has led them on in their lives. I hope we can get together again some time!!


While eating out at a restaurant, a guy on stilts made us all balloon hats. How fun!!

0 comments: