Monday, June 30, 2008

Deeper Still Conference

Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore

Priscilla and Beth doin' a little rappin'

I'm one of the 19,000 people you see here. See me?

Mandisa!

This weekend I was able to go to the Deeper Still Conference in Atlanta featuring Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer. I went with a big group of ladies from my church. I was a little hesitant about going, but I'm so glad I went. I have been involved in Bible studies written by each of these ladies, but I had never heard them in person. The praise and worship was absolutely amazing as well as all of the speaking by these 3 teachers of God. Mandisa was also there. It was so neat to hear each of these ladies speak who were at such different stages of their lives. Kay Arthur is 74 years old and is one of the best looking 74 year olds I've ever seen. She looks more like 54. When she speaks she is pretty intense about the Scriptures and just tells it like it is without a whole lot of humor mixed in. I was so amazed at all the Scripture she just had up in her head. Priscilla Shirer is a very gifted speaker as well, and she may have been my favorite speaker of the conferece. She and Beth Moore ran neck and neck as my favorites. Priscilla is 6 months pregnant with her 3rd child and I think is about 40 years old. She talked about God bringing you through your "wilderness", and how would you respond to the "wilderness" when you go through it. Beth Moore also expounded upon this a little more by saying "your gift in your wilderness is hearing from/meeting God." It is in these "wilderness" times that I really hear more clearly from God. God brings me/us there for a purpose.

0 comments: