Monday, July 21, 2008

Jury Duty

Last week after arriving home from our vacation, things got cranked back up around here. I had jury duty on Monday and Tuesday while the boys went to Vacation Bible School at night at Shane's mom's church. I know a lot of people hate having jury duty and hate going, but I really wanted to go and see the whole process at work. It seems like I've been called for jury duty about 4 or 5 times but for one reason or another haven't been able to participate. I figured I'd go and be a part of jury selection but not get picked and only have to be a part of it for one day. Well, I ended up getting selected as an alternate juror so I had to come back the next day to listen to the case. It was really interesting being a part of it all. I felt kind of important as the attorneys were directing their different points toward me and the other jurors. When it was time for the deliberations to begin by the jurors, the other alternate and myself had to go to a different room by ourselves to wait while the 12 jurors deliberated the case. This part kind of stinks because you go through the whole process and then don't get to deliberate. I just wish I could have heard what all the other jurors were saying as to what they thought about the case and how they arrived on their decision. Anyway, after over 2 hours of waiting we were all finally brought back in to the courtroom to hear the decision...Guilty!

0 comments: