Friday, October 3, 2008

Football in South Georgia


I think the Rams just scored a touchdown. Shane's looking pretty happy.

Whew, it's been a long time since my last post. I guess there just hasn't been a whole lot going on to really write about. As I think I've mentioned before, Shane is coaching football this year at the school where he teaches, Covenant Academy. He is the head coach of the C-team and an assistant coach for the varsity team. I really haven't been able to go to many of Shane's games because Dalton's soccer games fall on the same day and time as his football games, but I was able to make it to last night's game since Dalton didn't have a soccer game. Covenant was playing down in Pinehurst, GA at Fullington Academy, which is only about 20-25 minutes south of our house. Dalton and Colby even came along to watch as well. They were too funny... they kept asking when they could say "Goooo Dawgs!" I had to tell them that this wasn't the Dawgs, sweetie, but nevertheless they still continued to yell "Go Dawgs! Sic Em Woof! Woof! Woof!" whenever the Rams (Covenant) scored. The game was great! Shane's team won 42-16 and their record right now is 3-1. Not bad. Shane's having a great time this year coaching and is really enjoying it.

Ok, I have to share this. Here is a little sampling of one of my thoughts when taking in some of the sounds of last night's game. You know you're in south Georgia, when over the sound system you hear the annoucer exclaim, "Make sure you get your tickets for when we raffle off the pig!" WHAT!?! Did I hear that right? I believe I wanted to know a little more about this pig. Now just what kind of pig are they giving away? Is this a pot-bellied pig? A pet pig? An already choppped up pig which is ready to be stored away in my freezer for future eating options? Or could this be how they refer to their ham? Bless their heart. Whover wins that pig will just be as proud as pudding.

0 comments: