Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Graduation Day




Today Dalton had his little graduation program from Pre-K. I can't believe my little boy, my oldest, is going to be in Kindergarten next year. I also can't believe he'll be 5 years old in just a few days, but I'll get back to that in another post. Dalton has had a really great year. We have really loved his teacher he had this year, and we'll really miss her a lot. I've been so impressed with how much Dalton has learned to read this year. He loves reading and surprises me with how much he can really sound out and read. The graduation program was really cute. Dalton surprisingly was really into it. He was really doing the motions with such flair. They sang 3 verses of I've Got Peace Like a River and I have to say he can do a great fountain. I wish I had a picture of it. He also took a bow after singing each song. It was too funny. He was being quite a ham. No one else was taking a bow either, which is probably why it was so funny. They also played a rousing little ditty with kazoos. Anyway, we are very proud of him.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I know how you feel about the whole graduation thing - Kenzie just graduated from K-5...it is so hard to believe. I've been meaning to ask you - has Dalton done any modeling work yet?

Libby said...

I know what you mean. I can hardly believe that my oldest is going into 2nd grade and my middle will be in Kindergarten. Where did the time go? It is bitter sweet seeing them get so big so fast. Libby