Saturday, May 31, 2008

Stone Mountain

The boys

On top of the mountain

Walking down the mountain

We love trains!!

Colby conked out on the riverboat

Colby needs to work a little on his putting form

We decided to take a little overnight family trip up to Stone Mountain this weekend. We went up Friday morning and came back Saturday in time for Dalton's Saturday afternoon ballgame. The boys had never been, and it had been about 9 years since I had been and even longer for Shane. They had a made quite a few changes since my last visit and now seem to have a lot more activities for the kids. I think we did pretty much everything you could do with 2 little guys. We rode the train, played miniature golf, played around at the Great Barn, rode up to the top of the mountain, walked down the mountain, rode the riverboat, and watched the laser show. The boys did a lot better walking down the mountain than I thought they would. Dalton walked the entire way and Colby walked about half way. The other half he spent on Shane's shoulders. The boys had a great time and really enjoyed the laser show even though Dalton fell asleep about 3/4 of the way through it. He was just so worn out. We stayed in a hotel at Stone Mountain so we were just able to walk back to our room. I think this was the first time both boys had ever stayed in a hotel room so they thought being at a hotel was pretty special too. I just love my family and I was so happy we were all able to have some fun family time together. It was a really fun trip for us all.

0 comments: