Saturday, February 23, 2008

"Hairy rope, don't be a dope"


So I finally made it out of the house today. I was getting a little stir crazy. Shane, the boys, and I went out to eat some Mexican. Ever since Monday night I have been cooped up in the house because of the horrid case of poison ivy that developed all over my face. I didn't want to go out of the house and run the risk of possibly scaring innocent people. I'm so thankful I didn't have to go back and forth to Dalton's little school since he was out this week. My face is screaming for moisturizer, but I've been going without because I've been trying to dry this thing up along with using a couple tubes of anti-itch cream. I had always heard the saying, "Leaves of three, let it be", but I had never heard the saying "Hairy rope, don't be a dope." I'm not making that up. Anyway, the above picture was similar to what our poison ivy looked like- a long hairy rope extending the entire length of a pine tree that Shane cut down. Shane broke out a little on his arms as well. Both of our rashes are beginning to look a lot better.

1 comments:

amy said...

Thanks for the lesson--I have never heard the hairy rope one either...I have heard that burning poison ivy can make the outbreak worse because the "poison" doesn't truly burn--it just transfers to the smoke, and the smoke itself is dangerous...I don't really know about that--it's just what John's grandmother told me!