Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Heavy Heart


This is Shane. I write to you all today to tell you my Dad died last night. He had been fishing at West Point Lake and had come home early because he hadn't had too much success. A storm had come through earlier in the week and snapped some trees out at his house. He was on the tractor trying to clean up some of the mess. My step-brother went to check on him when it started to get dark and he was slumped over in the seat, an apparent heart attack. Thank you all so much for your prayers and concern.

To my Dad:

Thank you so much for all you have done for me. Thank you for your kindness, your mercy and your forgiveness. Thank you for showering me with your love and for showing me the right way to be a man because that is what you were, a great man. I will miss you.

Shane

3 comments:

Robin said...

We are praying for you guys!! Please let us know if there is anything you need us to do...we love you guys.
Matt and Robin

Jawan said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Shane (and family). I, too, lost my father to a sudden heart attack. My prayers are with you.

Libby said...

My prayers are with you, Shane, and your family.

Libby